Watch today's story ' The Koala who Could'.
Afterwards there are some questions for you to answer, so make sure you're listening carefully!
In Reception class we are working on building children's listening skills and comprehension skills through asking:
open questions (Questions that require the children's thoughts)
and closed Questions (Questions that only really have one answer).
1. What animal was Kevin? (Koala)
2. What did Kevin like to do? (cling to trees - high up)
3. Why wouldn't Kevin come down? (because he was scared)
4. Why did the tree fall to the ground? (a woodpecker pecked it and it broke)
5. Why do you think Kevin was scared to come down?
6. What do you think Kevin was thinking when the tree was falling down?
7. Have you ever tried something new even though you were scared?